Ahh Boston

Ahh Boston

Monday, August 3, 2009

April to July

OK, since the month just started I will update everyone on my adventures of my summer thus far. I have moved to Boston, after ski season at Alta ended, well, 2 weeks shy of it. The past ski season was amazing by the way. I have been trying to move here the past few summers but always ended up in Cardigan Wales instead. Having no problem going abroad I kept going there, as friends are great and the scenery is quite different, and best of all no job per say. So I think bullets will be the best way to sum up my life here in Boston thus far:
  • started out in Brighton with great roomies, and even more entertaining downstairs friends- Katie in particular. I went to the hospital with her one day and we got stuck in the hallway for a LONG time. We entertained ourselves and became friends with the woman in the hall with us. I even helped her spasming shoulder :) Anyways, Katie and I got shushed because we were having too much fun, it was super funny.
  • went to many Red Sox baseball games- and this month another one is in my sight. My current roomie, Carly, taught me how to score the games. So now that is one of the ways I actually watch the games.
  • I did get the job at the Boston Bodyworker I was hoping and praying for- and it happens to be my dream job! how blessed am I?!
  • got a tour of Harvard from a friend from Alta who now goes there
  • The chapel that I went to burned down while we were in a regional conference. The whole experience was a bit surreal as I felt I was in a movie watching my church burn. I did get some great friends from the experience and now get to go to church in a divinity school.
  • I have tried 4 times now to finish the Freedom Trail- I keep getting sidetracked and have only made it to the bridge to get to the boat. There is just so many things to see along the way and some are super shiny. I will make it to Bunker Hill before the summer is out!
  • have started seeing movies again- Star Trek is still one of my favorites thus far
  • after a couple months of an hour commute on the train I was about to go mental on the B line of the green line (super long line on the T here) I moved to Cambridge. I'm still on the green line but a much faster commute and if I so desired I could walk to work, which still has yet to happen.
  • I have gone to many a reenactments here- the people really like to get dressed up
  • I have started to get pedicures each month and a massage each week- as I would DIE without them. I almost did actually, but a break in the desert helped restore me.
  • Roomie Carly has been my sanity and coadventurer. Besides being super funny she is also rather obsessed with some Italian bands and the Jonas Brothers. I have since become a big fan of them too. We even got another roomie to come with us, rather drive us to the softball game the Jonas Brothers were playing in before their concert. I have also taken my picture holding a sign that says we love Sanohra.
  • I have also taken up reading again too. We have many a days where we sit on our couch and read. Our other roomies keep reminding us how precious we look with our noses in the books. I have read some fun things like Percy Jackson and the Olympians.
  • I have also had clients who are amazing! Some are actors/ costume people and I have had the great fortune of seeing them perform. Love the fact that the theater is so accessible. Each of the plays/ musicals has been different. Rent is my favorite thus far and I think it will stay that way. Pirates was fun to watch one of my favorite clients do her thing in and then Katie took me to see a French play Amalia's Oratorio which I learned about catching up with time and the amazingness of illusions.
  • oh, Carly and I have been playing the game of 'where does this train go?' I use to play it in Wales with the buses when my friends were at work and I didn't want to harass them anymore. Carly and I have ventured up to Wonderland- which is just a beach where a carnival use to be back in the 40's or sometime around then. Carly also wrote a sign in the sand for Sanohra. I started collecting shells and was amazed at the sparkles on the beach- I have never seen a sparkly beach before. The beach also faces east, so not really thinking, I went back to watch the sunset I was a bit disappointed as the sun doesn't set on the water like it does in Wales and everyother beach I have been on.
  • OH!! I almost forgot my favorite! the Tall Ships of Boston 2009! Big sail boats came into the Boston Harbor and I went and ended up seeing them 3 times! I almost stowed away on one too. I had some convinced I did it, thanks to my roomies who started the rumor. I now want a sailboat of my own. oh, on the topic of my stowing away- seriously think about that and me- yes I would do something like that but no it wouldn't work because I couldn't sit still or quiet for that long to make it somewhere. I appreciate the thought of me doing it, but nope. With too much fun outside of my hiding place I would go mental.
  • When Harry Potter came out my roomies and I went to the midnight showing and Carly dressed up as Snape. I wanted to dress up but didn't have time to muster up a costume. We made a new friend who is a movie connoisseur whom I go see movies with now!
  • I went home/ AZ to play with my friends and found out that the world doesn't revolve around me anymore in Utah. I still think it does the rest of the world over, but Utah I have learned I'm not the shiny object anymore. Which is good as I need to be in Boston and not wishing I was elsewhere, or I will for sure loose the bet I can stay in Boston for a year. I am going to win that too! :)
  • my clients here make me so happy on so many levels- to see them be able to touch their toes or breathe better or just get out of pain makes my heart so happy. they are rather funny too, for the most part. I really do love my job here.
  • 4th of July was the best day ever- went to hear the reading of the Declaration of Independence read, watched a Red Sox game, walked home and napped, then ended up getting pretty much front row seats for the fireworks display- and we showed up at 930pm.
so that is my adventures in a nutshell here in Boston. I haven't quite figured out how to do the past adventures so we shall see if I get around to posting those or maybe just highlights from my past. Hope everyone enjoys the randomness of my life like I do.

1 comment:

  1. Good sum up! You do so many fun things, Julie, thanks for sharing! :-)

    ReplyDelete